06 Aug Private Cloud vs. Private Cloud
The debate rages on. Security and control, or scalability and flexibility. Which one is better? The private cloud with its fancy security, or the public cloud with its ease of deployment and scalability. Many organizations face this issue when deciding what kind of document management system to use. Here are some pros and cons of each choice.
– Highly scalable and reliable
– Low maintenance
– Flexible pricing
– Lesser security and control than private systems
– High level of security and system control
– Compliance and audit friendly
– Requires more up-front investment and system maintenance
– Requires greater effort to scale up
If you can’t decide which one is for you, don’t worry, many ECM systems offer the best of both worlds and can be deployed in a hybrid architecture.